Jack Cutter is a vampire hunter. Skilled in many forms of combat, he is a bane to creatures of the night the world over. There's just one problem: He's the Last of His Kind, and the undead outnumber him significantly. After he kills a few bloodsuckers in LA, he's on the run from the police and other vamps. Can he survive when he's outmanned and outgunned?
This film contains examples of:
- Big Bad: Ulmer, the master vampire who killed Jack's parents.
- Cycle of Revenge: Vampires and hunters have been in a constant cycle of killing each other for centuries.
- Depraved Bisexual: Tournier is in a relationship with Carmilla until Jack kills her, and is also perfectly willing to seduce men to get their blood.
- Evil Is One Big, Happy Family: The vampires are all close and care deeply for each other. This leads to each and every one of them having a personal vendetta against Jack for killing some loved one or another.
- Gotta Kill Them All: Jack has spent his entire adult life killing every single vampire in a book his father compiled.
- Healing Factor: Vampire blood can heal wounds in seconds, and drinking a pint a year can grant immortality.
- Immortality Immorality: Jack's father is betrayed by his best friend for vampire blood, as drinking a pint of which a year can bring about immortality.
- Job Title
- Lesbian Vampire: Tournier is the girlfriend of a vamp Jack killed in the beginning, who wants revenge. In a Shout-Out to classic literature, said girlfriend is named Carmilla.
- A Minor Kidroduction: We first meet Jack as a kid, when vampires kill his hunter parents.
- Neck Snap: The only way to kill a vampire is to break its spine. Jack usually simply snaps their necks for the sake of simplicity.
- Our Vampires Are Different: These can survive the Sun, but hunt at night due to sensitive eyes. While they can be wounded, their blood is so powerful that it heals in seconds and can grant immortality, and you have to break their backs to kill them. Their bite does turn people, but the curse remains dormant until the next total eclipse.
- Protagonist Title
- Reality Ensues: After Jack shoots a bunch of vampires in a crowded restaurant, the police immediately start pursuing him.
- Reincarnation Romance: Ulmer notices that Raimy looks identical to his lover from centuries ago, and immediately starts obsessively pursuing her under the belief that she's her reincarnation.
- Total Eclipse of the Plot: A vampire's curse does not awaken until the first total eclipse after they're bitten.
- Vampire Hunter: Jack is one of a long family line of hunters.
- You Killed My Father: Jack took up vampire hunting after a bloodsucker killed his parents.