Jeanne, a married mother of two, starts noticing small changes to her surroundings. Each time something changes, everyone she asks says it has always been that way, leading Jeanne to wonder whether things really are changing or whether she's going crazy. Combining newly appearing clues with her inconsistent memories, Jeanne sets off on a Quest for Identity to find out the truth.
This film provides examples of:
- BrotherSister Incest: Jeanne and Gianni have reason to suspect that they're related. Doesn't stop them for but a moment. And it turns out they are.
- Duality Motif: The characters' appearances slowly change over the course of the movie. Characters who are midway through their transformations often have mismatched eyes.
- Loss of Identity: The changes lead Jeanne to start wondering if her life is actually real or if she's actually insane.
- Psychological Horror: Is the world changing and you're the only one to notice, or have you gone mad and you're the only one not to notice?
- Scars Are Forever: Jeanne starts with a prominent scar on her leg from a childhood car accident, but it disappears as her transformation progresses.
- Trauma-Induced Amnesia: Jeanne can't remember anything about her life before a traumatic car crash when she was eight years old.