Monster Mash: The Movie was a film adaptation of Bobby "Boris" Pickett's hit song The Monster Mash and Pickett's stage musical I'm Sorry the Bridge Is Out, You'll Have to Spend the Night, produced by The Greenhouse Film Group Ltd. and distributed by Turner Home Entertainment.
Two teenagers named Scott and Mary have car trouble on their way home from a Halloween party. While seeking help, they find their way at the castle of Dr. Frankenstein, who schemes to put Scott's brain into the head of his monster.
For the animated film based on the song, see Monster Mash (2000).
- Brain Transplant: Dr. Frankenstein plans to put Scott's brain into his monster's body.
- Curse Cut Short: Igor interrupts Dracula when he makes a crass remark.Dracula: Blow it out your—Igor: Ask me what time it is!
- Dracula: Count Dracula is one of the guests at Frankenstein's castle.
- The Film of the Song: A live action film loosely based on the song The Monster Mash.
- Frankenstein's Monster: The Frankenstein monster appears in the film, given that the film is partially based on the song The Monster Mash.
- Glad I Thought of It: Dr. Frankenstein takes credit for Igor's idea of giving the monster Scott's brain.
- The Igor: As one might expect, Dr. Frankenstein has a hunchbacked assistant named Igor.
- Monster Mash: We have Mad Scientist Dr. Frankenstein, his monster, hunchback Igor, Count Dracula and his wife Natasha, a werewolf and a mummy Elvis Presley.
- Mummy: Elvis Presley is established to have reincarnated as a mummy.
- The Musical: There are many songs in the film.
- Suddenly Speaking: At the end of the film, Frankenstein's monster turns out to be able to speak when he remarks "I'm surrounded by idiots".
- Vampires Hate Garlic: At one point, Dracula panics after being informed that he just consumed garlic.