Merrick: I'll Spew On Your Grave is a little-known, low-budget movie filmed and produced in Australia. It is the first feature film from Woody's Grindhouse, and tells the funny, strange story of two rival street gangs, two arms dealers, and two seemingly normal kids who get sucked into a world of crime, violence, and drugs. It is most well-known for the iconic, curse-laden rant by Spube about a quarter of the way in.
This work contains examples of:
- Anachronic Order - The story randomly jumps around the place.
- Bloody Hilarious - Many scenes involve extreme amounts of blood.
- Blood from the Mouth - Most blood spilled comes out of the mouth.
- Cluster F-Bomb - The word is used over 140 times, placed very densely.
- Downer Ending - Everyone dies by the end of the film.
- Establishing Character Moment - The moment Merrick shoots an innocent pisser.
- Genre Throwback - To 1970s exploitation films.
- Go-Karting with Bowser - Merrick plays Jenga with Buckshot.
- Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy - Spube is inexplicably unable to shoot a human target walking directly towards him.
- Police Are Useless - Despite all the crimes being committed in broad daylight with plenty of witnesses, the police fail to show up at all.
- Villain Protagonist - Not that anyone else is good per se, but the titular Merrick's penchant for murder makes him very evil indeed.