Madhouse is a 2004 horror film, directed and co-written by William Butler and starring Joshua Leonard.
Clark Stevens, a psychiatric intern, has come to Cunningham Hall Mental Facility to train before he can graduate to medical school.
Soon after Clarks arrival the murders start and no one is safe.
This film contains examples of:
- Ax-Crazy: Clark after his Split-Personality Takeover.
- Bookends: In the beginning where Clark is walking to the asylum is almost the same as the scene at the end. The only question is if Ben is still Ben at the ending or if he changed back to Clark.
- Foreshadowing: The patient Clark meets in the beginning who pretend to be a doctor. Like Clark pretend to be a psychology student.
- Room Full of Crazy
- Split Personality: Clark is Ben who was diagnosed with multiple personality disorder and escaped from the asylum when he was a child.
- Split-Personality Takeover: Near the end of the movie his real personality Ben takes over.
- Through the Eyes of Madness
- Too Dumb to Live: Sara. When she finds out that Clark is insane, instead of going out of the building to get help, she goes back to him witnessing how he kills Dr. Frank. Then she hit him on the head with a book and runs away. The next scene Clark is chasing her with his axe. Also at the end where she manages to unarms Clark and hit him with the axe. Instead of finishing him off she tries to run past by him and then gets grabbed which results in her death.