Tom (Whishaw) is a sweet-natured and super positive charity worker, whose life seems under complete control. Until the day Hate (Atwell), a mysterious, intrusive and twisted woman enters his way and completely turns his life upside down. She's about to present a side of Tom he never knew he had inside of himself, as well as new perspectives that comes with strange consequences on the way.
It has nothing to do with the Irish TV series Love/Hate.
Provides examples of:
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Hate is, well, Tom's hate and anger personified.
- The Corrupter: Hate progressively convinces Tom to do very nasty things.
- Good Angel, Bad Angel: Hate is very much a bad angel, and there's no good angel around to help Tom.
- Nice Guy: Tom is one initially. Until he becomes a jerk under Hate's influence.
- Politically Incorrect Villain: Hate reads Mein Kampf, of all things.
- The Vamp: Hate fits the "completely evil and exploitative seductress" type to a T.Tom: But why do you look so...
Hate: You know, to certain people hate can be extremely attractive.