Two documentary filmmakers are desperate for work. They soon discover their big break: a cannibalistic Serial Killer willing to be filmed! All seems to be going well. However, our protagonists are starting to get second thoughts...
This film contains examples of:
- Big Bad: Anthony McAllister, the cannibalistic Serial Killer being filmed.
- Creative Closing Credits: During the credits, a phone interview with Anthony by the Shock Jock who's been seen intermittently throughout the film plays.
- Description Cut: The film contrasts footage of an interview with a criminal psychologist describing the profile of cannibalistic serial killers with footage of Anthony passively refuting her assertions.
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas: Anthony may be a cannibal, but he's still distraught when he learns his mom is dying.
- Faux Affably Evil: Anthony acts friendly enough, but considers morality to be "a crapshoot," and says "tough luck" when asked about the families of his victims.
- Foreshadowing: Early in the film, the forensic pathologist has a bulletin board covered in missing persons posters, and directly behind him is the missing poster of a little girl named Ashley Sedgewick, last seen December 06, 2001. This is the little girl Anthony later confesses to having killed and eaten.
- Graceful Loser: After Anthony fails to kill Nathan (leading to the latter's escape), he sits down and smokes a cigarette, waiting for the police to arrest him. The "Where Are They Now?" Epilogue shows he fully confessed to his crimes and accepted his punishment without complaint. And he published his cookbook.
- One Steve Limit: Averted. The killer is named Anthony, and the Shock Jock is named Tony.
- Shout-Out: Anthony notes that people expect serial killers to be like Hannibal Lecter when They Look Just Like Everyone Else!.
- Shown Their Work: The processing of the human carcasses shown in the film is based on actual advice on the subject from The Church Of Euthanasia.
- Snuff Film: Anthony's killings are filmed for the documentary.
- Villain Protagonist: The two unnamed filmmakers who stand by and let a cannibalistic Serial Killer do his thing so they can film it, and sometimes assist.
- "Where Are They Now?" Epilogue: The film ends with one of these.
- Would Hurt a Child: Anthony has eaten a kid before, and the only thing stopping him from doing so again is the vanished kid brings too much attention.