A group of archaeology grad students have stumbled upon the discovery of a lifetime: An anciebt Egyptian tomb in Southern California! However, not all is as it seems. You see, in this tomb lies an exiled high priestess who worshipped a God of Evil. Due to a curse, this priestess is awakened and goes on a quest to Take Over the World.
This film contains examples of:
- Antagonist Title
- Been There, Shaped History: After being exiled to the Americas, Aneh-Tet ended up founding the Mayincatec faiths.
- Big Bad: High Priestess Aneh-Tet, leader of the mummy army.
- Dirty Coward: Dr. David agrees to sell his students' souls to Aneh-Tet, despite knowong her apocalyptic plans, to save his own skin.
- Gender-Blender Name: The protagonist's sister is named Kevin.
- Greater-Scope Villain: Aneh-Tet serves Set, a dark god who gives her power.
- Ms. Fanservice: Aneh-Tet is a beautiful woman who spends her screentime in skimpy clothing or naked.
- Omniglot: Molly is fluent in English, French, Hebrew, Spanish, Arabic and Ancient Egyptian.
- Sadly Mythtaken: Set is an evil god in the original myths, but is not a God of Evil and chaos despite the film's claims. That woukd be Apep.
- Team Title
- Title of the Dead
- Villain Opening Scene: Aneh-Tet being freed from her tomb and killing the two guys who freed her.
- The X of Y