A 1996 movie directed by Bruce Beresford about a woman (Sharon Stone) in death row for killing two people when she was a teenager 12 years prior. Her lawyer (Rob Morrow) tries to save her by using the defense that she was under the influence of drugs at the time and she is not the same person.
There was criticism for its similarities to Dead Man Walking, which was released a year earlier.
It was released on May 3, 1996.
Tropes for the movie include:
- Clear My Name: Subverted, as it clear that Cindy did it and while her lawyer tries to save her from the death penalty, she is still executed.
- Death Row: Cindy Ligget is there for double murder.
- Hope Spot: Cindy gets a stay of execution which gets lifted later.
- I Have No Daughter!: Cindys aunt disowned her.
- Last-Minute Reprieve: Cindy gets one.
- No Historical Figures Were Harmed: Cindy is based on Karla Faye Tucker.
- Shot at Dawn: Cindy is executed in the end of the film.