Kiss Loves You is a 2004 documentary focusing on fans of the rock group KISS. Much like Bronies The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans Of My Little Pony and Trekkies, most of the footage was shot at conventions and gatherings during the early to mid 90s (the latter part of "No Makeup" period), when many fans thought the original Kiss in the costumes and make-up that made them famous was a thing that would never come back. Then in 1996, the band does reunite and put their costumes back, but the fans just lose interest. The film can be found here
This film provides examples of:
- Broken Pedestal: After the original KISS reunites, it's not the same as before.
- An earlier example is a father who has a little boy who idolizes Paul Stanley and gives him a plaque, later it turns out Paul didn't keep the plaque and ditched it at the convention center, where it was later found by another fan.
- Almost ten years later the father of the boy reveals his son hates KISS and likes Britney Spears.
- And let's not forget the guy loves Ace Frehley, but later becomes dissatisfied with Ace and finds a new idol in Elvis, who can't reject and hate him, because he is dead.
- Cosplay: Fans like to dress up the members of the band or at least wear make-up like them
- Fan Convention
- Real Life Writes the Plot: The interesting part is seeing what happens to these fans before and after the 1996 reunion.
- Stock Footage: Some, including rare footage from a 1976 concert in Sweden.