Several years have passed and the characters are starting to feel their age. Kath and Kel's relationship is losing its spark and Kim has finally divorced Brett. Sharon however has lost some weight and is more confident as a result. When Kath wins a trip to the kingdom of Papilloma in Italy, she takes Kim and Sharon with her, due to Kel's fear of flying keeping him at home.
Once they arrive, Kath and Kim are pursued by the despotic king of Papilloma Javier and his deformed son Julio. Sharon meanwhile tries to get with their manservant Alain with little success.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Kel's about to call Kath so he can tell her something he learned from Marion, only to get distracted by Masterchef.
- Bad Boss: King Javier is loathed by his subjects for being a despot.
- Big Fancy Castle: The bulk of the movie takes place in one.
- Dances and Balls: One is held where Javier and Julio try to court the foxy ladies.
- Naked People Are Funny: Marion gets naked during her counselling session with Kel. Kel himself ends up losing his clothes when he finally overcomes his fear of flying, to the chagrin of his fellow passengers.
- Royal Blood: This is where things get complicated. Javier is king, but he never sired an heir with his queen. Javier does however have a bastard daughter named Isabella who has been working as a scullery maid this whole time. Julio has no royal blood whatsoever and thus is not a legitimate prince. Kath's ex-husband Gary Poole does in fact have royal blood from many generations ago, which means Kim is a bona fide princess and Kath is a noblewoman by marriage.
- Kim goes through several princess cliches, such as feeling a pea through some thick cushions, pricking her finger on a spindle and brushing her hair by a window with a faraway look on her face.
- Julio wears part of a white mask to cover up an implied deformity, much like the Phantom of the Opera subverted as he's actually hiding a very attractive face that neither of his parents can take credit for.
- Isabella is a chambermaid who puts on a pretty dress for a ball, just like Cinderella.
- Stylistic Suck: The scene where Javier takes Kath for a ride on his moped is very obviously chroma-keyed, with absolutely no effort put in to make it look real.