The summer movie of Kamen Rider Gaim, shown alongside Ressha Sentai Tokkyuger The Movie Galaxy Line SOS. Its setting is established in episode 37 of the series.
The movie contains the following tropes:
- Alternate Self: The Soccer World contains versions of all the human players in Zawame City.
- Alternate Universe: The movie takes place in one, created by Lapis.
- Bittersweet Ending: Kougane is destroyed and another threat to the world is averted. But the alternate reality is undone and Kouta goes back to his world still in the midst of the war with the Overlords. What's more Lapis passes on, having used his remaining energy to help destroy Kougane. Though leaves happy that there is hope for humanity and that he got to learn about soccer. The final shot is his bracelet back in Helheim next to the soccer ball that Kouta and he had found earlier.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Kougane briefly puts Kouta under his control.
- Dead All Along: Yuya turns out is this, as he's Kougane in disguise.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Averted again following Kamen Rider Wizard In Magic Land as Gaim's successor, Kamen Rider Drive, does not appear. Justified as with the previous movie since both take place in alternate realities. However, unlike Wizard, Gaim's successor does not appear later on and does not debut until the start of his own series.
- Mitsuzane was deemed as the last Rider standing by Kougane after he apparently managed to kill every other Rider (unknowingly to him, Kaito and Yoko are still alive) and Kouta's being brainwashed by Kougane foreshadows the events after the finale, where Mitsuzane really becomes the last Rider standing on Zawame City after Kouta left Earth following his final battle with Kaito. Until Megahex attacks, that is...
- Yoko saving Kaito would foreshadow her death in #45 by protecting Kaito (now Lord Baron) from Zack's bomb.
- Ryoma being the Sacrificial Lamb in this movie foreshadows Kugai/Saver's role in Ryoma's Gaiden movie, as Kugai becomes the Sacrificial Lamb of the Sengoku Driver, making Kugai technically the first Rider in Gaim to be killed chronologically.
- Gone Horribly Wrong: Kougane's origin: he was an attempt by the Overlords to create an artificial Golden Fruit. Instead, they created an immensely powerful embodiment of war capable of spreading a Hate Plague that rapidly accelerated their extinction.
- Kill Em All: Inverted. Nearly all of the Riders in the alternate reality are killed over the course of the movie, with only Kouta, Kaito, Mitsuzane and Yoko surviving. However, all the dead Riders with the exception of Ryoma and Sid (presumably due to their dark nature) are brought back to fight Kougane in the final battle. Then everything is back to normal when the world is put back on track, all living Riders including Ryoma are still alive, while Sid and Hase remain dead.
- Mundane Made Awesome: The climax basically amounts to a soccer match between the Big Bad and his clones versus most of the Armored Riders.
- Mythology Gag: The second arc (where the Riders' began to be killed one by one) can be considered as a reference to Ryuki's 13 Rider War.
- Coincidentally, there's exactly 13 Riders that are participating in the second arcnote and the final arcnote . In addition, if we add the number of unique Riders that appeared in this film, then we get a total of 15 Riders, exactly the same amount of Riders that appeared in Ryuki if we included the two Alternatives.
- One-Winged Angel: A variation on this occurs as Kougane/Mars makes his horse evolve into a giant flaming steed.
- Ripped from the Headlines: Obviously the movie was used to promote Japan participating in the FIFA Cup which was going on that year (2014). Hence the whole soccer theme and guest starts of a few of their star players.
- Ripple Effect-Proof Memory: Only Kouta and Micchy realize that they're in an Alternate Universe; Kouta due to realizing that those who were dead in reality are somehow alive, Micchy partially due to the trauma of what he did to Takatora in #36 and partially due to realizing that Takatora said he is married (he did not in reality).
- Sacrificial Lamb: Ryoma, of all people, is this as he's the first one to get killed by Kougane's Inves plague moments after Ryoma accidentally releases Kougane from his seal.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Kougane was imprisoned until Ryoma accidentally set him free.
- Spanner in the Works: Yoko becomes this to Kougane, as she saved Kaito and then throws Kaito's Banana Lockseed after Kaito's battle with Takatora and Oren to make Kougane think that Kaito's been killed.
- Stuffed in the Fridge: Mitsuzane hunts down Ryoma for an explanation, only to learn that Kougane had already gotten him first.
- The Plague: Kougane sends out a black Inves plague that, directly or indirectly due to Riders' fighting each other, killed every Rider except four (Kouta, Kaito, Yoko, and Micchy). It ends up being nothing in the finale, since everyone (bar Sid and Ryoma) are revived to beat him.