After being rejected at tryouts at a strip club owned by his uncle along with his mother and her boyfriend go to Las Vegas to get married, Tommy Collins (Shore) gets himself enrolled as a jury member in a murder trial and pulls every trick to prolong the proceeding in order to exploit the remuneration paid to jury members.
This film is the last film to star veteran actress Billie Bird, who was in her late eighties at the time.
This film provides examples of:
- Five-Second Foreshadowing: When Tommy is collecting polystyrene cups with his stepfather Jed, he discovers that the killer wasn't a fast food employee, but an environmentalist, which ultimately reveals that Frank is the killer.
- Heh Heh, You Said "X": The phrase "penis envy" is uttered in a courtroom scene, and Tommy interrupts the proceedings simply to ask for that to be repeated.
- Large Ham Announcer: Tommy gets a hold of a microphone on the bus and adopts this persona just to break the ice with his fellow jurors.
- Manchild: Tommy. (Come on, it's a Pauly Shore movie!)
- Miscarriage of Justice: The trial against Carl Wayne Bishop ends in a mistrial.
- Unsettling Gender Reveal: An attractive woman who is willing give Tommy a dollar, ultimately turns to be a cross-dressing man, judging by "her" deeper and masculine voice, causing Tommy to flee in disgust.
- Cross-dressing man: Let's go back to my place and cuddle.Tommy: Eww.