Some things should stay lost at sea.
Jolly Roger: Massacre at Cutter's Cove is a 2005 Slasher Movie from The Asylum. It concerns a ruthless pirate being awakened from the dead by some college students.
This film contains examples of:
- Asshole Victim: Roger's victims include a real estate developer whose response to homeless people squatting in his property is "Get a job" and a businessman who verbally abuses his secretary.
- Big Bad: "Jolly" Roger Laforge, the Ghost Pirate killing everybody.
- Bolivian Army Ending: The last shot of the film is of our heroine screaming as Roger prepares to kill her.
- Clear My Name: Alex goes on a quest to find Roger so the cops can't pin his killings on him.
- Deal with the Devil: Roger made one to come Back from the Dead and get the heads of his murderers, and he'll get his gold back.
- Downer Ending: Our heroes stop Roger, only for him to suddenly return from Hell and kill them.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Roger's crew kills him when he slaughters innocent Priests and Nuns.
- Eviler than Thou: Roger is described as "meaner than Blackbeard."
- Ghost Pirate: Roger comes back as one.
- Grievous Harm with a Body: In one scene, Roger rips a bouncer's arm and beats him to death with it.
- Heel–Face Turn: Roger's crew decided to kill Roger, leave their pirate ways and find Cutter's Cove after Roger slaughtered a galleon full of nuns.
- MacGyvering: Alex makes a lock pick out of a bra clasp.
- Obstructive Bureaucrat: The police chief tries to call in the FBI to help solve this, but the mayor is convinced that the local police can solve it.
- Off with His Head!: Roger takes the heads of his targets.
- Our Zombies Are Different: These are vengeful revenants whose souls are bound to their bodies and have glowing red eyes.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Roger's spirit was sealed in a treasure chest after his crew killed him.
- Sins of the Father: Roger's victim pool is the descendants of his crew, who killed him in mutiny. A much more justified version, as Roger is a monstrous bastard who doesn’t care that his intended victims are long dead.
- The Sociopath: "Jolly" Roger Lafarge, a pirate who was killed by his own crew for slaughtering a galleon full of priests and nuns. When he returns from the grave, he kills his crew's descendants to get his gold back.