Jenny's Wedding is a romantic dramedy released in 2015. It stars Katherine Heigl and Alexis Bledel. Supporting actors include Linda Emond, Tom Wilkinson, Matthew Metzger and Grace Gummer. It was directed by Mary Agnes Donoghue.
After many attempts by her parents to fix her up with various would-be suitors, Jenny has decided to marry her partner of 5 years. The only problem is that she hasn't told her conservative Catholic family that she's gay and that her "roommate" Kitty is actually her girlfriend. Will they support her as she publicly comes out as a lesbian and marries Kitty?
Jenny's Wedding provides examples of:
- Babies Ever After: The end credits show a photo of Kitty and Jenny with their baby
- Coming-Out Story: The main plot is Jenny revealing that she's gay and Kitty is actually her girlfriend as opposed to just her roommate.
- Gayngst: Growing up in a conservative family has made Jenny scared to publicly come out.
- Queer Romance: The main romance of the film is between Jenny and Kitty.
- Why Couldn't You Be Different?: Jenny's parents aren't happy that she's a lesbian. They get over it.