Invisible Sister is a 2015 Disney Channel film, with Paul Hoen as director. It is about a girl named Cleo (Rowan Blanchard) who accidentally turns her older sister, Molly (Paris Berelc), invisible, and must find a way to undo the invisibility, as well as pretend to be Molly in school.
Invisible Sister provides examples of
- Adults Are Useless: Only Mr. Perkins learns about what happened to Molly, and he doesnt do much to help solve the problem. Justified, as the parents are out of town and he didnt know until the end.
- Book Dumb: Molly does not get good grades, and even admits this to Cleo.
- Brainy Brunette: Cleo has brown hair and gets good grades, seemingly without effort.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Implied. Cleo gets 100% on her science quiz, but is shown to be listening to music throughout the class. By how she and Mr. Perkins talk later, it is implied that wasnt the only time it happened.
- Deadpan Snarker: Cleo can be like this.Mr.Perkins: This is the same matter in two distinct forms. One is dense, dull...
Cleo: Much like this conversation
- Hidden Depths: Carter is a governor scholar in chemistry.
- I Just Want My Beloved to Be Happy: When Coug wondered whether Molly was going to break up with him, he said that all he wanted was for Molly to be happy.
- Invisibility: Molly becomes invisible due to accidentally swallowing a moth made invisible by Cleo's experiment. It's contagious in the sense that, although a change of cloths are visible, eventually the chemicals making her invisible will saturate whatever she's in extended contact with, making new outfits invisible as well.
- Jerk Jock: Cleo suspects Carter to be this. Subverted, as he is actually nice, something that Cleo eventually finds out.
- Locked Out of the Loop: Nikki is the only person in the group of friends who never finds out that Molly was invisible.
- Mutual Envy: Cleo is jealous of Molly's popularity, and Molly is jealous of Cleo's intelligence.
- OOC Is Serious Business: Cleo is surprised when Molly says that she's done with finding a way to turn her back to normal after falling in mud.Cleo: Come on, Molly. This isn't you. You're supposed to be the positive one.
- Race Against the Clock: Cleo has until midnight to make the antidote which will make Molly visible again, or she'll be stuck invisible forever.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Mr. Perkins. He encourages his students to do their best, and when he was worried that he pushed Cleo too hard, he asked Molly (who was really Cleo in disguise) if Cleo was alright and made sure that she wasn't staying home because of his actions.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Cleo is introverted and sarcastic, while Molly is the popular and outgoing sibling.
- Visible Invisibility: The audience can sometimes see Molly, but the characters can't.