I Drink Your Blood note is a 1970 exploitation horror film directed by David E. Durston.
A coven of eight psychopathic Satanist hippies have descended upon the tiny backwoods town of Valley Hills, which is all but deserted due to the nearby construction of a dam. After beating up and raping a local girl for spying on one of their rituals, the girl's grandfather marches over to the abandoned hotel they're shacking up in to interrogate them; but they beat him up too and force feed him LSD. The girl's little brother and the grandfather's grandson, a little boy named Pete, takes revenge by shooting a rabid dog, extracting some of its blood and injecting it into some meat pies. He then feeds those pies to the hippies, and they go rip-roaring insane. Nuff said!
Notable for being screened as a double-feature with I Eat Your Skin, which somehow is a far lesser-known film.
This film provides examples of:
- Artistic License Medicine: Hydrophobia causes an infected person have difficulty swallowing; it does not turn them into zombies that can be defeated by water.
- An Axe to Grind: One of the hippies finds an axe and clings to it religously, using it to hack people up, for the rest of the film after he goes nuts.
- Ax-Crazy: The hippies goes this after eating the pies. Also, the construction crew working on the dam goes this after they have sex with one of the hippies.
- Big Bad: Horace Bones, leader of the hippie cult.
- Dragon Lady: One of the hippies is an Asian woman who wears a cheongsam and some sort of dagger in her hair, waves a fan, reads tarrot cards and grows her nails long.
- Equal-Opportunity Evil: The coven consists of two white men, three white women (one of whom is pregnant), an Asian woman, a black man and an Indian man. The Indian man's the leader.
- Event Title
- Exploitation Film
- Gory Deadly Overkill Title of Fatal Death
- Human Sacrifice: The hippies pretend to sacrifice one of their number to scare him; however, later, whilst he's unconscious, one of them actually does kill him.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: The pregnant hippie, after learning she's got rabies and realizing the implications this has for her baby, stabs herself with a wooden stake.
- Refuge in Audacity
- Scary Black Man: Rollo. As he claims to be the first born son of Satan, therefore so is Satan himself.