Hello! Welcome, I'm Ashley! You want a summary of the movie? I can ask my grandfather, wait here!
House Of Orphans is a Swedish low budget horror movie by Danne Lehmussaari from 2009.
Amanda moves together with her mother and her stepfather in a house in a small village. Along with her best friend, they discover that the house is a former orphanage where several children were brutally murdered. Already on the first day they witness several unsettling supernatural events and soon they realize that they are in great danger and should not stay in the house for long.
There möst be tropes!
- Adults Are Useless: Amanda's mother and stepfather basically don't do anything helpful.
- Creepy Basement: The basement, that was the former punishment room of the orphanage, is where the paranormal attacks start to happen.
- Haunted House:...of Orphans.
- Impaled Palm: Denise gets both her palms nailed to the wall in the basement.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Ashley is impaled on a giant spike.
- Inopportune Voice Cracking: Happens to Ashley when she's told that there is no treasure.Ashley: There must be!
- New House, New Problems: The family buys the house to live in a nice neighbourhood, but things don't work out as they thought.
- Not Even Bothering with the Accent: A movie full of people speaking Swenglish.
- Torture Cellar: The basement when the house was still an orphanage.
- You're Not My Father: Amanda to her stepfather Bruce: