Hillbillys in a Haunted House is a 1967 musical comedy film. While en route to Nashville, a trio of country musicians are forced to take refuge in a haunted house occupied by agents of a nefarious foreign spy agency.
This movie contains examples of:
- Alternate DVD Commentary: The film received the RiffTrax treatment in 2016.
- Brainless Beauty: Boots is as pretty as she is dim, and she's very pretty.
- Dragon Lady: Madame Wong.
- Everything's Better with Monkeys: There is no other explanation for why a group of spies keep a gorilla around.
- Fun with Acronyms: Master Organization To Halt Enemy Resistance.
- Haunted House: The setting.
- Red China: This seems to be the allegiance of the villains.
- "Scooby-Doo" Hoax: The spies use gadgets to simulate ghosts.
- "Setting Off" Song: "We're On Our Way to Nashville".
- Southern Belle: How Boots imagines herself during the "Gowns" song.
- Southern Gothic: The decrepit mansion and its ghostly Confederate inhabitants.
- Sweater Girl: Boots has this look, though she doesn't actually wear a sweater.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: The trio is not remotely fazed when caught in the middle of a shootout, or held at gunpoint by a Chinese spy.