It was released on February 2, 2001.
Tropes for the film:
- Closet Sublet: Referenced for laughs. When Amanda moves in with a group of fashion models, she compares the room she's subletting to a closet, so they show her their climate-controlled walk-in shoe closet is actually much nicer.
- Do You Trust Me?: Jim doesn't ask the question, but simply says, "Trust me".
- Gender Flip: the movie is a gender-flipped romantic comedy version of Rear Window.
- Plot-Inciting Infidelity: Amanda walking in on her boyfriend cheating on her is what leads her to moving in with her friends, and eventually, start spying on her neighbor.
- Rom Com Job: Amanda is an art restorer.
- Spy's Suspicious Spouse: Amanda and her friends are suspicious of Amanda's new boyfriend, Jim. When they investigate, the evidence leads them to believe that he is a violent criminal. He's actually an undercover FBI Agent.