Gut-Pile is a 1997 American Slasher Movie.
Dan is a hunter who accidentally shoots a man. To avoid getting in trouble, he buries the poor sap in the woods. A year later, Dan is back in the same woods on a hunting trip with his friends. The spirit of his victim returns from the grave, seeking revenge and killing anybody in his way.
This film contains examples of:
- An Axe to Grind: The ghost kills his first victim by dismembering him with an axe.
- Big Bad: Dan's unnamed victim, who is not only after Dan, but pursues anybody who stands in his way.
- Downer Ending: The ghost kills everybody but the man who killed him, whom he frames for the murders despite his remorse.
- Frame-Up: The ghost frames Dan for his murders as his ultimate revenge.
- Gory Deadly Overkill Title of Fatal Death
- I Call It "Vera": One of the hunters calls his gun "Becky."
- Our Ghosts Are Different: These are vengeance spirits who possess inanimate objects to interact with the corporeal world. They also give off the stench of corpses.
- Scary Scarecrows: The ghost possesses a scarecrow for his vengeance.