Gunmen is a 1994 action B movie starring Christopher Lambert and Mario Van Peebles.
400 million dollars are hidden on a boat by Dani Servigo's brother. His brother is killed and Dani is looking for that boat together with a DEA undercover agent Cole Parker. However, the drug boss, Loomis also sent his man Armor O'Malley (Denis Leary) to find the boat.
The plot follows that of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and the characters are similar.
This film provides examples of:
- Almost Kiss: Dani tries to kiss a sleeping Cole one night.
- An Arm and a Leg: Karl's hands were chopped off by Java during his torture according to Armor. Not shown on screen.
- Ax-Crazy: Armor and Maria.
- Bald of Evil: Loomis.
- Big Bad: Loomis for the first half of the movie. Then Armor takes over.
- Big "NO!": Loomis, when he is thrown to the big hole before he is buried alive.
- Bounty Hunter: Cole is said to be one.
- Buried Alive: Loomis orders to bury his wife alive at the beginning of the movie. What is it she did to deserve this is uncertain. Later on he himself is buried alive.
- Enemy Mine: Cole and Dani working together to find the boat.
- Evil Cripple: Loomis, the drug dealer and The Big Bad is in a wheelchair.
- Expy: Cole, Armor, Dani, Loomis and Carlos are 90's counterparts of Blondie, Angel Eyes, Tuco, Baker and Jackson, respectively.
- Fanservice: Scene with a prostitute.
- Foreign Remake: The film follows the basic plot of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, with one man knowing the exact location of where a cache of money is stored and the other knowing the name of exactly what it's stored in.
- Great Escape: Cole breaks Dani out of prison to learn where the boat is.
- Have We Met?: Rance asks this when he sees Dani
- High-Altitude Interrogation: Armor hangs Dani upside-down from a rope underneath a helicopter to get him to talk. For good measure, Armor had the pilot fly low so that Dani would hit the trees underneath.
- I Want Them Alive: Loomis needs Dani and Cole alive. Justified because he wants to find out where the boat is.
- One-Word Title
- Super Window Jump: Dani's and Cole's escape.
- Talking to the Dead: Armor talks to Danni's dead brother Karl in a sarcastic way whose body he brought to the banker's house.
- The Dragon: Armor to Loomis for the first half of the movie.
- Title Drop: The name of the boat is the Gunmen.
- Tongue Trauma: Not shown on screen but Armour says that Maria cut Karl's tongue off.
- The Starscream: Armor, as with his original counterpart.
- Would Hit a Girl: Armor actually kills Guzman's wife.
- Wouldn't Hurt a Child: Armor doesn't kill Guzman's daughter.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Armor kills Guzman, the banker after he gets the information that he needs from him.