Gojitmal 거짓말 (Lies) is a 1999 South Korean drama film depicting a BDSM relationship between a female student and a male sculptor. The film is based on a novel written by Jang Jung-il, which was banned immediately when it was published in 1996 and got him arrested and sent to prison.
The film follows two characters, known only as "Y" and "J". "Y" is an 18-year-old female student determined not to lose her virginity by rape. So she decides to arrange a meeting with "J", a 38-year-old married sculptor, at a hotel to lose her virginity there. As the movie progresses, both of them take the relationship further, with more ways to please each other sadistically, using sticks, bats, paddles, etc.
- Aroused by Their Voice: "Y" describes "J"'s voice to be very sexy when she talked to him on the phone.
- Casual Kink: All throughout "Y" and "J"'s affair. As well as with "J"'s wife.
- Elevator Going Down
- Goth: Near the end of the film, "Y" dresses like this at the airport when seeing "J".
- Love Hotels: Where both "Y" and "J" have lots of sex and BDSM sessions at.
- Male Frontal Nudity: "J" exhibits this in a few scenes.
- MayDecember Romance: Subverted. While both "J" and "Y" are years older than each other, "J" is already married while "Y" is only in this simply to lose her virginity before graduation so as not to face the same fate as one of her sisters. Turns out, during this affair, both "Y" and "J" bonded with each other through their BDSM sessions until in the end they never see each other again for good.
- One-Letter Name: Both of the main characters are identified so.
- Panty Shot
- Phone Booth: After having sex again and leaving the hotel with "Y", "J" uses one to call his wife to see how she's doing in Paris. Meanwhile, later in the film, "Y" herself talked to Woori on one when her brother died in a motorcycle crash thanks to "Y"'s sabotage of his motorcycle and thanks to Woori, in cooperation with "Y", distracting him by telling him the motel's name before that.
- Sailor Fuku: "Y" wears one of the South Korean variety to go to her school. And near the end of the film when "Y" beats "J" with "the Hoe Stick".
- The Stool Pigeon: Woori when she was forced by "Y"'s brother to tell him about "Y"'s affair with "J". Thanks to this, "Y" ran away from home and "J"'s house was burned down by "Y"'s brother.
- Too Kinky to Torture: The main plot and setting of the story.