Girl House is a 2014 slasher movie directed by Trevor Matthews and written by Nick Gordon
It stars Ali Cobrin as Kylie a student whose father recently passed away, and Slaine as loverboy, a psychopath who stalks her.
To have the means to study and help her mother out financially, Kylie sees no other alternative than to work for Girl House, a website that that streams the uncensored lives of the girls living inside its walls in a sort of x-rated reality show, 24/7. It is supposedly "the most secure, technologically advanced site of its kind" said to be untraceable, unhackable and "the Fort Knox of websites."
The girls of the house have free rein over what they choose to do (or show) in the house, though incentives are in place for the girls who bring in the most traffic.
One of their thousand loyal watchers is a man who goes by the handle "loverboy" - a creepy loner who happens to be very good with computers. When loverboy is rejected by several of the girls in the house, he decides to track down the "untraceable" Girl House and put on his own show, hacking and slashing his way through the house's occupants.
This film provides examples of:
- Ain't Too Proud to Beg: Loverboys first victims final moments consist of her reduced to her on all fours, begging the former not to kill her shortly before he kicks her off the bridge to her death.
- All Men Are Perverts: A good half of the male cast seems to just watch Girl House when ever they are shown they are are putting moisturiser on their hands or slowly closing a door at work.
- Appropriated Appellation: The spree killer Loverboy takes his online handle (and the only name anyone knows him by) from a mocking insult thrown at him by girls when he was a child.
- Ax-Crazy: Loverboy. Even as a child his reaction to being humiliated by two girls was to push one of the girls off a bridge to her death, and when hes snubbed and mocked by several of the girl houses staff, he finally goes completely off his rocker and commits a violent killing spree.
- Alpha Bitch: Devon is said to be the highest earner in the house and also seems to be the resident mean girl.
- Bitch Alert: Kat introduces Kylie to Devon—the most popular girl in the house—while Devon is sunning herself by the pool. Devon immediately establishes her bitch credentials by cattily putting Kylie down; saying she looks far too wholesome to belong in the house.
- Bloodbath Villain Origin: In the opening scene it shows Loverboy being bullied by two young girls and serving Disproportionate Retribution to one of them.
- Bound and Gagged: Loverboy binds Gary to an office chair with cable ties and gags him with tape. He then stabs him several times and leaves him to bleed to death.
- Camera Abuse: Blood splatters the camera when Kylie beats Loverboy to death with it. The blood shows up Alex's computer screen as he is watching the live feed.
- Covers Always Lie: The UK DVD cover depicts the eponymous house as a sleazy No-Tell Motel, complete with a 'Vacancy' sign. In the movie, the house is a privately-owned sumptuous mansion in a secret location, to ensure that no fans can locate it and bother the girls. The killer is depicted wearing a balaclava, rather the much creepier Live Doll mask he actually wears. He is, however, carrying an axe, which is one of the weapons he uses
- Crowbar Combatant: Loverboy has an Imagine Spot where he attacks a women who accuses him of sexual harassment with a crowbar. He later carries a crowbar during his rampage in the house.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: All of Loverboy's murders count, but special mention goes to Heather's death. Loverboy stuffs a giant dildo down her throat, then ties saran wrap around her mouth, leaving her to suffocate on the dildo.
- Death by Irony: The voyeuristic murderer Loverboy is killed by Kylie when she beats him to death with one of the cameras in GirHouse that allowed him to watch the girls.
- Death by Mocking: One of the girls posts a photo of loverboy mocking him, and several of the girls insult him when he messages them triggering his murderous spree.
- Enfant Terrible: Loverboy shown in the opening scene along with Troubling Unchildlike Behavior.
- Extreme Mêlée Revenge: Kylie finally manages to kill Loverboy by beating him to death with the camera at the end.
- Final Girl: Kylie.
- Fingore: Devon gets all her fingers cut off with an axe.
- Hooker with a Heart of Gold: Kylie is living at the girl house to pay her tuition and help her mother after the death of her father.
- I Cannot Self-Terminate: Devon can't bear to live disfigured and begs Kylie to kill her.
- Imagine Spot: Loverboy has one where he attacks a woman who is reaming out for sexual harrassment with a crowbar.
- Kids Are Cruel: In the opening scene Loverboy is bullied and humiliated by two young girls. He then kills one of them as revenge.
- Lingerie Scene: The girls walk around the house in their underwear most of the time, as part of the titillation they provide their audience. Devon, in particular, favours high-end lingerie and heels.
- Malevolent Masked Men: Loverboy when he goes over the deep end.
- Neck Snap: Loverboy kills a security guard this way.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: The killer in Girl House is only known by his online handle: Loverboy.
- The Peeping Tom: Loverboy is shown at work staring up a female worker's skirt, also the nature of the Girl House is voyeuristic.
- Platonic Prostitution: Loverboy pays for private cam time with Kylie but claims to only want to talk to her.
- Police Are Useless: The police pretty much say there is nothing they can do. And when they do deploy men... it's to the wrong house.
- Rear Window Witness: Alex is watching a private show with Devon when she is attacked and mutilated by Loverboy.
- Sauna of Death: Loverboy attempts to murder Mia by jamming a crowbar under the door of the sauna, cranking the temperature up to max, and sabotaging the controls.
- Shower Scene: There are multiple shower scenes. The house has cameras in the bathrooms that livestream the girls showering as part of GirlHouse website.
- Single Tear: Loverboy when one of the girls insults him.
- Slashers Prefer Blondes: Devon is the first girl in the house to be attacked though she survives the attack.
- Sour Prudes: Heather makes sure Kylie knows how much she disapproves every time she opens her mouth.
- Stalker with a Crush: Loverboy for the girls in Girl House, particularly Kylie.
- Stalker Shrine: Loverboy's photoshop wall and mannequin.
- Stealth Hi/Bye: Loverboy suddenly appears in front of (or behind) his victims totally silently multiple times.
- Strip Poker: When Anna sneaks into the house, Devon and Heather are playing kind of strip card game for the benefit of the cameras.
- Surveillance Station Slacker: When Anna sneaks back into the house, she passes the gatehouse where Big Mike is asleep with his feet up on the console next to the monitors he's supposed to be watching.
- Tae Kwon Door: Loverboy murders one the IT staff that keep GirlHouse online by repeatedly slamming his head in a door.
- Time Skip: The first scene takes place in a different time from the rest of the film.
- Unproblematic Prostitution: Kylie talks about how the porn industry is 'mainstream and accepted' and that 'There's no stigma. Nobody cares' and the man who manages the house talks about how 'nothing's ever required' of the girls.
- You Can Leave Your Hat On: Kylie's first act in the house is a striptease for her webcam that manages to attract 100% of the online audience.