Asao wants a car. Why ? Because he's sure to attract ladies and have sex with them in the car! So he sets out to buy one. But it doesn't work. So maybe he'll go on a plane, because he thinks he can have sex with a stewardess. But he needs money. So he sets out to rob a bank! But he needs a gun for the heist to happen. So he plans to go to a gun factory in order to make his own gun! Scratch that, maybe he wants to act in a movie in order to earn money ?
And so on.
Getting Any ? is Takeshi Kitano's return to his comedic roots. After some films which dealt with various yet serious topics, he delivers us a sex comedy which contains absurd/surreal humor, characters with unpredictable personalities, and ridiculous situations which rarely make sense. This film is a straight-up comedy, and easily stands out from other Kitano films.
This Film Provides Examples Of:
- A Man Is Always Eager: Asao.
- Auto Erotica: Asao's wish of getting a car is mostly for the benefits of attracting girls with it, and having sex in it.
- Black Humor
- Coincidence Magnet: Asao.
- Glory Seeker: The scientist played by Kitano works on a invisible-turning machine in order to earn a Nobel prize
- Invisible Jerkass: Asao goes to a women-only bathhouse after getting turned invisible by the scientist's machine.
- Kaiju: After scientific mishaps occur, Asao transforms into a gigantic fly which terrorizes Tokyo.
- Mile-High Club: Asao thinks he can hook up with a stewardess by going on a plane.
- Sex Comedy
- Toilet Humour
- Weirdness Magnet: Asao.