Getaway Plan (original Spanish title of Plan de Fuga) is a 2016 Suspense/Action film written and directed by Iñaki Dorronsoro and starring Alain Hernández, Javier Gutiérrez, and Alba Galocha. Victor (Hernández) is a thief who specializes in blowtorch work who is hired by a group of Russian mobsters to help them break into the Swiss Credit Bank. Victor's skills are flawless, but his background is obscured, one of the other man on the job, Rápido (Gutiérrez), is a junkie who knows more about Victor's life than he wants the mob to know, and Helena (Galocha), a dancer at the mobster's dance club, is determined to worm her way into Victor's life. And, just when it seems things can't get more complicated, Interpol arrives during a planning meeting to arrest the entire gang...
This film exhibits the following tropes:
- Addled Addict: Rápido is a heavy user, which significantly affects his ability to do his job. He became a junkie as a side effect of prison, for crimes he committed alongside Victor, who now feels responsible for him.
- Bank Robbery: The plot revolves around an elaborate plot to rob the Swiss Credit Bank. The climax of the movie has Victor and Rápido pulling it off.
- Becoming the Mask: It's suggested by the police chief that this is happening to Victor, neglecting his family while maintaining his cover, and coming to sympathize with the criminals.
- The Caper: This film plays it a bit sideways in that much of the film is spent with Victor trying to figure out what the caper is.
- Jurisdiction Friction: The Interpol raid happens because they didn't consult with the Spanish police force and therefore don't know that Victor is actually an undercover officer.
- The Mafiya: Victor is being recruited by a local branch.
- Thrill Seeker: Victor explains his initial background as a crook as this, him and a friend stealing things just for the thrill of getting away with it, until the day that he and his friend decide to go swimming after a job. His friend is caught, while Victor went free. This turns out to be the truth, and jail ruined Rápido.
- Undercover Cop Reveal: After Interpol raids the meeting, it's revealed that Victor is an undercover officer.