As children, Simone de Villeneuve and Robert de Bellecontre were betrothed to each other. Seventeen years later they meet again as adults. Unfortunately, Robert has since fallen for another woman named Nancy Worthington.
Get Your Man is a 1927 Romantic Comedy starring Clara Bow and Charles "Buddy" Rogers. The film is based on the play Tu m'épouseras!. It is currently in the Public Domain. The current versions of Get Your Man, like many silent films, is incomplete. It's missing two out of its six reels.
Get Your Man provides example of:
- Arranged Marriage: Simone and Robert are respectively the daughter of a marquis and son of a duke. They were betrothed when Robert was a child and Simone an infant.
- Betty and Veronica: Simone is the demure and regal Betty while Nancy is the wild and energetic Veronica.
- Have a Gay Old Time: The film uses "make love" in its contemporary sense. It can make dialogue a bit more risqué-sounding than intended:Robert: I'll teach that old buzzard to make love to you!Nancy: I can teach him better myself!
- Love at First Sight: Nancy and Robert fall in love this way while having a Meet Cute at a museum.
- A Minor Kidroduction: The film starts with the betrothal of Simone and Robert.
- Regal Ringlets: Simone wears her hair in curly ringlets.