Laurent (Alain Chabat) is a cheating husband who doesn't care about his behavior potentially damaging his married couple. One day, he and his wife Loli (Victoria Abril) find themselves housing Marijo (Balasko), a burly truck driver. Loli and Marijo start a lesbian relationship behind Laurent's back, and things go downhill from there.
French Twist provides examples of:
- Alcohol-Induced Idiocy: Laurent gets drunk after getting too much clues about what's happening between his wife and Marijo, and still decides it's a good idea to go on a bicycle trip. He ends up crashing into the pigs' mud pond of a farm where two beautiful blonde girls work, takes some of the goat cheese that they produce and shoves it in his face, insults them and women in general, and even suggests he'll do things with a goat... He then collapses before the latter thing happens, and gets nursed by said farm girls.
- Bathtub Bonding: Loli and Marijo have a bath together at the start of their relationship and kiss (and probably do more things) in it.
- Became Their Own Antithesis: Laurent is quite homophobic towards Marijo for a good part of the film until he warms up to her during her descent to hell phase. The ending strongly hints at him starting a gay relationship.
- Big Beautiful Woman: Marijo, like Josiane Balasko, is an attractive and heavy-set woman who has no trouble attracting other women, including a housewife.
- Butch Lesbian: Marijo, to a T. She's a burly, masculine-looking truck driver and dates other women.
- Drowning My Sorrows: Laurent gets drunk after piecing together that his wife is in a relation with Marijo.
- Home Nudist: Laurent starts to go around naked at home during the ménage à trois phase as provocation towards Marijo.
- Laurent, who doesn't accept that Loli has a relationship while they are married, despite himself regularly cheating on her with hot women of the neighborhood.
- Turns out Marijo isn't that much better in this department, having started another lesbian relationship before Loli without formally ending it and yet calling out Laurent on his cheating habits.
- Jerkass Has a Point: Laurent isn't wrong when he points out that Marijo has become The Thing That Would Not Leave during their ménage à trois — living in his house, having sex with his wife and not contributing financially to anything, having dropped her truck driver job.
- My Girl Is Not a Slut: How Laurent sees things. He can't accept that Loli has a relationship with anyone else than him (even less so with another woman), while he feels free to be as promiscuous as he wants.
- Naked Apron: Loli cooks while wearing only an apron at one point during the ménage à trois phase. It's a turn-on both for Laurent and Marijo.
- Naughty Under the Table: Laurent first notices something between Marijo and his wife when the former caresses the latter's leg under the table at the restaurant.
- Polyamory: Laurent, Loli and Marijo end up settling the matter with a ménage à trois when it becomes clear that neither Laurent nor Marijo want to part ways with Loli.