14+ is a 2015 Russian film about two school teenagers' first love.
In an unknown city in Russia, 14-year-old Lyosha is out with friends when he notices a beautiful girl, who's similarly taking a walk with her friends. He learns that her name is Vika, but before he could talk to her, the local delinquent Volkov has aggressively made a move on her. Both Lyosha and Vika have obstacles to overcome in order to be together.
This film features the following tropes:
- Aren't You Going to Ravish Me?: A downplayed, teenage version. When Vika and Lyosha escape Volkov's gang and she invites him in, and then into her room, he is quick to leave, getting this reaction from her. Then again, it has been just their first date.
- Boy Meets Girl: The basic premise.
- Disappeared Dad: Lyosha's father is divorced from his mother.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: Lyosha gets beaten up for it, but he shows Vika that he likes her and they end up together.
- Gang of Bullies: Volkov and his gang are gopniki.
- Longing Look: Vika gives a lot of those to Lyosha when she feels compelled to give in to Volkov's advances due to social pressure.
- Neutral Female: Downplayed. Vika goes along with Volkov and later stands there while he beats Lyosha and his friend, but she's visibly uncomfortable and avoids eye contact. She breaks up with Volkov the following day and seeks Lyosha out.
- Pair the Spares: Lyosha and Vika's friends also hook up.
- Stalking Is Love: Lyosha does a bit of it through the social media to learn who Vika is. That said, it's no more than what most people do these days.
- Worthy Opponent: When Lyosha does get together with Vika, Volkov and his gang ambush him at night. Despite them being five to one, older and stronger, stealing his moped, Lyosha manages to incapacitate one, doesn't surrender when cornered and doesn't give them away to a patrolling cop, even if the cop asks twice. Volkov, who until this moment fully intended to beat him up, lets him go and gives him his moped back, then backs off for good.
- Wrong Guy First: Vika likes Lyosha from the start, but Volkov is aggressively hitting on her and she becomes his girlfriend first. It doesn't last once Lyosha also makes a move.