4Closed is a 2013 film by The Asylum featuring Marlee Matlin, James Denton, Paul Sorvino, and Jamie Kennedy in a tale of what happens when someone just does not want to let go of the family home. Jake and Ally Turner purchase a beautiful foreclosed home for pennies on the dollar, only to find out when they move in that Forrest Hayes is living there and claims he owns the house. After a brief legal scuffle, they have the house, but learn that Hayes may not be as absent as they thought.
This film exhibits the following tropes:
- Based on a Great Big Lie: There have been a few cases of people having to be evicted from a foreclosed house. There have been cases of hidden rooms in houses or people who have refused to turn over the security codes. There has not been a case vaguely alike to this film.
- Letters 2 Numbers: There's really no reason for the 4 in the title. Averted when it airs on Lifetime as Foreclosed.
- Outrun the Fireball: The family attempts this near the end as the house explodes.
- Recovered Addict: Jake had a serious alcohol addiction in the past, which means that it's all the easier for Forrest to make everyone suspicious (although when the incident occurs, this suddenly moves to alcohol and gambling).
- Taking You with Me: At the end of the film, Forrest rigs the house with explosives and then chooses to trigger it in an attempt to catch the escaping family.