Forget Me Not is a 2009 horror film written and directed by Tyler Oliver.
It's graduation weekend, and Sandy Channing, the popular class president of her small-town high school, should be enjoying the time of her life. But when her friends start disappearing, Sandy discovers they have unwittingly awakened the vengeful spirit of a girl they wronged long ago. Fighting for her sanity, Sandy must unlock a dark secret from her own past before it's too late.
This film provides examples of:
- Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts: Chad has to swerve when one appears in the middle of the road.
- The Butterfly Effect: Several things change as people disappear. The trip the group are going on changes from going to the beach to going to the mountains.
- Cat Scare: Several times characters will be jumpscared by random people suddenly standing behind them.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Eli really wants to be a pirate.
- Crapsack World: Every time someone is erased the world becomes notably worse.
- Creepy Cemetery: The group decide to play hide and seek in one.
- Danger Takes a Backseat: One of the ghosts takes this route with Chad.
- Description Cut:
- College recruiter: What are you going to be doing this summer?
(cut to raging kegger)
- Deadly Prank: The reason why the ghost is after them.
- Downer Ending: Sandy winds up in a coma while Angela wakes up to take her place.
- Every Car Is a Pinto: It didn't take much for one of the cars to explode.
- Final Girl: Everyone gets picked off one by one until Sandy is the only one left.
- Ghostly Gape: The ghosts love this.
- Ghostly Goals: Revenge against those who hurt her.
- Ironic Nursery Tune: The game the group plays revolves around one.
- One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, release the one ignore by heaven.
Eight, nine, ten, now run and hide or join her on the devil's side.
Eleven comes, the clock will chime. Forgotten souls erased by time.
Midnight comes but not too late. So kill the ghost or seal your fate.
- Jerkass: Chad in every scene he is in.
- Marionette Motion: The ghosts move in a noticeably jittering motion.
- Meaningful Background Event: The ghosts love sneaking about in the background.
- Most notable is when one of them dives into Chad's car when he's not looking.
- Never Found the Body: Often with a case of who are we looking for?
- No OSHA Compliance: The workshop TJ works in doesn't seem very safe.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: Time-erased retro-killing ghosts.
- Repressed Memories: Sandy has completely forgotten about Angela and the Deadly Prank they pulled on her.
- Ret-Gone: Whenever the ghost kills somebody, they not only die but also get completely erased from reality so that none of their other friends or family remember them, becoming retro-killing ghosts themselves.
- Ripple-Proof Memory: Sandy is the only one who remembers the ones erased by the ghost.
- Stringy-Haired Ghost Girl: The main ghost appears this way growing more decayed with each appearance.
- We Hardly Knew You: Several characters die without very much characterization.