5ive Girls is a 2006 Canadian horror film starring Ron Perlman, Jennifer Miller and Jordan Madley, written and directed by Warren P. Sonoda. Produced on a budget of $3,000,000, it has a runtime of 95 minutes.
In St. Marks catholic boarding school for girls, the religious student Elizabeth is attacked by evil forces and disappears from the classroom and the impotent Father Drake is incapable of saving her. The school is closed and five years later it is reopened. Five troubled unwanted girls - Alex, Mara, the blind Cecilia, Leah and Connie - are left by their family in the institution, severely directed by the headmistress Miss Pearce with hands of iron. Father Drake is their teacher and the girls are forbidden to go to the mysterious third floor. When Alex has visions of the possessed Elizabeth, weird things happen in the spot and the girls have to fight against a legion of two thousand demons.
5ive Girls has been available on DVD since March 6, 2007.
Tropes associated with this work include:
- Back from the Dead: In the end, Elizabeth is resurrected.
- Big "NO!": Right at the end, Elizabeth screams this as Legion takes Virgil.
- Blind Seer: Cecilia's supernatural power is the essentially this, called "second sight".
- Bottle Episode: The entire movie takes place at the school, using at total of 10 actors including extras.
- Doom Magnet: Connie is a "conduit", or a magnet for supernatural activity, equating to this.
- Healing Hands: Mara has healing powers, such as those she uses on Alex after her beating.
- "I Know You're in There Somewhere" Fight: Failed, since Cecilia can't bear to let go of First Sight long enough to resist Legion.
- Intangible Man: Leah can pass through solid objects, barring doors or walls.
- Letters 2 Numbers: The title.
- Mind over Matter: Alex's supernatural power is telekinesis.
- Never Bring a Knife to a Fist Fight: Better yet, never get into any kind of close fight with a demon.
- Out-of-Character Alert: When a blind woman asks about a circle drawn on the floor.
- Preserve Your Gays: Mara is the only person who lives past the ending, despite being a lesbian.
- Public-Domain Character: The Big Bad is Legion from Mark 5:9 and Luke 8:30.
- Tainted Veins: One of the signs of the Big Bad's influence.
- Title Drop: Release the binds on the one lost / Take five girls as the cost.
- Voice of the Legion: Appropriately, given the Big Bad is Legion.