Durell and LeeJohn have always tried to stay under the radar, but they can never seem to help getting in trouble with the law. The local judge, tired of seeing them come through his courtroom, has informed them that their next infraction will land them serious time. When Durell finds out he has to come up with $17,000 or his ex will move his son halfway across the country, they devise a plan to steal the money from the local church collection. Things don't go as planned, and the church is hardly empty when they enter. The two find redemption in the kindness of their hostages.
Provides Examples Of:
- Can't Get Away with Nuthin': Every illegal thing the boys attempt gets them landed in court again.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Rickey the choir director...and Lee John.
- Disappeared Dad: Durell's entire motivation is to avoid becoming one.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Durell and LeeJohn.
- Jerkass: The Deacon.
- Serious Business: Twelve chairs. Twelve hundred dollars each. You do the math.
- Stockholm Syndrome: The entire group of hostages, save the Deacon.