Feral is a Horror Movie by Mark Young.
Six teenagers have gone to spend a weekend on a camping trip out in the woods. They expect it to be a fun time of bonding, seeing the beauty of nature, and fun. Unfortunately, fate has different plans in mind.
One night, one of the students is attacked by some kind of creature, and got a nasty wound from it. The kids decide to pack up and seek help for her, and soon come across a house out in the forest that's inhabited by a man known as Talbot. He lets them stay, and reveals he knows about the creature. It apparently carries some kind of "feral disease" that lays dormant in its host until nightfall, whereupon it turns whoever is infected into a bloodthirsty savage creature.
So now, they all must spend the night trying to defend the homestead from this creature, and each other.
The film was released on September 23rd, 2017.
Feral contains examples of:
- Chained to a Bed: One of the campers ends up this way so they won't attack the others when The Virus makes them turn.
- Creepy Basement: The basement of Talbot's home contains chemicals and a bed with chains on it. This is where he was keeping his infected son while he tried to develop a cure.
- Don't Go in the Woods: If you do, you'll be attacked by a vicious human being.
- Dwindling Party: Par for the course for a horror movie, the campers start dying over the course of the film.
- Gutted Like a Fish: Jesse gets his entrails exposed by the creature, who pulls out and eats a handful of them.
- One-Word Title: Well, the movie IS called "Feral".
- The Virus: According to Talbot, the virus lies dormant in its host's system until nightfall, when it wakes up, and turns is host into a savage being.