A 2011 film from Troma Studios, written and directed by Astron6.
When his father is raped and murdered, leaving himself and his younger sister Chelsea as orphans, Crazed vigilante Ahab becomes obsessed with bringing justice to the one responsible, Chris Fuchman, also known as the father's day killer. After accidentally killing an innocent man, Ahab is sentenced to ten years in prison. When his time is served, he retreats to the seclusion of the forest.
Fuchman targets the father of Twink, a teen hustler. Discovering the killings have resumed, Ahab's old mentor, the ailing Father O'Flynn, sends John Sullivan, a young priest, to retrieve Ahab, who resumes his quest for vengeance. After Chelsea is kidnapped, Twink, Ahab and Sullivan set off to rescue her and take down the Fuchman once and for all. However, the group quickly discovers that the killer is more dangerous than he seems...
This film provides examples of:
- Ascend to a Higher Plane of Existence: Turns out this can be problematic, if youre aiming for a lower plane of existence.
- Badass on Paper: Ahab has a Dark and Troubled Past, knows how to use a gun, did time in the slammer, can make maple syrup from non-maple trees and has a Eyepatch of Power. He even looks a little like Snake Plissken. Too bad he's an idiot who acts before he thinks, usually undermining his badass moments and deflating his image whenever he does something stupid.
- Barefoot Captives: Chelsea is barefoot when kidnapped by Chris Fuchman, as she'd just painted her toenails when he attacks. She's also barefoot as the Fuchmanicus' slave in Hell.
- Big Bad: Chris Fuchman, The Fathers Day Killer also known as the Fuchmanicus.
- BrotherSister Incest: While he didnt know that Chelsea has been possessed by the Fuchmanicus, Ahab was only slightly apprehensive about sleeping with his own sister. Did we mention this was a Troma film?
- Butt-Monkey: Father Sullivan is frequently abused by Ahab and Twink.
- Crapsack World: Given that God is also the devil this comes with the territory.
- Coming-Out Story: Twink. Its implied his hustling is just a way to get by, and not something he enjoys. Its also implied he has feelings for Walnut, his pimp. After Chelsea is rescued, or so they think, he experiments with being straight (despite even the female prostitutes he employs telling him hes gay) eventually learning to embrace his homosexuality.
- Death by Sex: The very act of impregnating a woman is enough to send the Fathers Day killer after you.
- Depraved Homosexual: Chris Fuchman. He rapes his victims (all of which are fathers), and, in his words, "hates pussy".
- Downer Ending: Ahab, Father Sullivan, and Twink try to return to Earth, but the final scene is a lingering shot of their corpses sitting in their chairs, heavily implying that they didn't make it. At least Chelsea is alive, although it's never made clear if she got an abortion, which would spare the world another Fuchmanicus.
- Eye Scream: Young Ahab has his eyeball plucked out by the Big Bad.
- Fat Bastard: Chris Fuchman is a revolting, 400-pound serial killer and rapist. And he's even fatter in his true incarnation, the Fuchmanicus.
- Fetus Terrible: Ahab unwittingly impregnates the Fuchmanicus with one.
- Fire and Brimstone Hell: Averted. Twink and Ahab are sent to a nightmarish version of hell after killing themselves, though it doesn't resemble the stereotype.
- Fluffy Cloud Heaven: John ascends to this sort of heaven, only to fight his way out in order to get to hell.
- God and Satan Are Both Jerks: Maybe because they're literally one and the same?
- God Is Evil: Turns out God and the Devil are the same person, who happens to be a dick.
- Good Girls Avoid Abortion: Averted. While Chelsea isnt exactly a good girl, her aborting the next Fuchmanicus is one of the few things that would prevent a downer ending.
- Gorn: HOLY FUCK, IT'S EVERYWHERE.
- Greater-Scope Villain: God, who turns out to be the same being as Satan. He only makes a couple of appearances, but given his secondary gig, he is responsible for the existence of the Fuchmanicus.
- Male Frontal Nudity: Father Sullivan, who wakes up naked post Mushroom Samba. Also Chris Fuchman, who combines this with a self-inflicted Groin Attack.
- Mistaken for Profound: Ahab mistakenly thinks that Father Sullivan is referring to himself in his speech about maple trees. Ahab, incapable of grasping his unintentional metaphor, is offended.Ahab: You don't call a man a tree!
- Mr. Fanservice: Father Sullivan
- Ms. Fanservice: Chelsea, who is a stripper and is typically scantily clad, if clad in anything at all. Although her sex scene with Ahab is Fan Disservice, for obvious reasons.
- Mushroom Samba: The three male leads get high off of toxic berries.
- Nay-Theist: Father Sullivan, a Catholic priest, becomes this after Father OFlynns death. This turns out to be entirely justified, given what we later learn about God.
- Rage Against the Heavens: Father Sullivans sermon, after his disillusionment with God.
- Religion of Evil: The cult worships the Fuchmanicus.
- Ahab wears an eyepatch, stays at the Queequay motel, and is hunting down a man in the name of vengeance.
- The fake trailer during the commercial break is for an obvious parody of Star Wars, as is the bikini Chelsea is forced to wear once the Fuchmanicus captures her.
- Tome of Eldritch Lore: Father O'Flynn's book, which explains the secrets behind the Fuchmanicus.
- The Twink: Twink, obviously, though he isnt as Camp Gay as his appearance would suggest.