Dinosaur Island is a 1994 B-Movie directed by Fred Olen Ray and Jim Wynorski, whose plot is based off the explorers-discover-land-where-prehistoric-animals-managed-to-survive-unchanged and explorers-discover-society-inhabited-entirely-by-beautiful-women B-Movies of The '50s.
An army captain is flying three misfit deserters home when the plane has engine trouble and they crash-land in the ocean near an uncharted island. They find that dinosaurs have managed to survive there, alongside a primitive society of cave women who routinely sacrifice virgins to appease the Great One, the top-dog dinosaur on the island. Mistaken for gods as part of a prophecy, the men must destroy the Great One or face death, but meanwhile they fall in love despite the advice of their Queen, who tries to dissuade them from being corrupted by the outsiders' ways.
This film features examples of:
- Cat Fight: At one point two members of the tribe get into one, while the rest of the tribe and the soldiers (the latter presumably standing in for much of the audience) stands around and cheers them on.
- Fanservice: The other reason one would be watching this movie outside of the dinosaurs. All the members of the tribe are scantily clad, and there are large amounts of nudity.
- Human Sacrifice: The cave women routinely sacrifice one of their own to appease the Great One, and are even introduced during one sacrifice.
- Lady Land: The human population of the island consists of an all-female society.
- Lost World: The titular island is an island where dinosaurs have managed to survive unchanged.
- Nubile Savage: All the members of the all-female primitive tribe are ravishingly sexy bombshells even though by all circumstances that should be unlikely.
- People in Rubber Suits: When the Great One finally appears on-screen, he's revealed to be played by one of these.
- Porn Stash: The soldiers have a stash of recurring fictional men's magazine Playpen. Mocked by The Cinema Snob in his review:Snob: Not sure why he'd still need the Playpen magazine; the entire island is a Playpen magazine. That's like going to Porn Island and still bringing a laptop!
- Slurpasaur: The other dinosaurs outside of the Great One are played by oversized iguanas.
- Title Drop: One of the soldiers leads to the conclusion that, since they're on an island where there's dinosaurs, they're on... Dinosaur Island. Lampshaded by the mock "Dun, dun, DUN!" sound he does before saying it.
- What Is This Thing You Call "Love"?: Having apparently never met a man before, the women of the tribe are completely alien to the concept of romantic relationships, something the male soldiers are more than eager to teach them.