Released in 1986, this sequel takes place a few years after the events of the first film. An apartment complex is taken over by demons after a girl is attacked by one that emerges from a documentary about said demons. The film then follows some of the tenants who attempt to survive.
This film has examples of:
- Angry Black Man: The aerobics instructor basically takes the exact same role as the pimp in the first film, and is even played by the same actor.
- Antagonist Title: Now combined with Numbered Sequels.
- Apocalyptic Log: The documentary in the sequel shows a group of teenagers accidentally reviving a demon and getting killed on-camera.
- Apologetic Attacker: The aerobics instructor does this to a mother who is turning into a demon in front of her daughter's eyes before shooting her. The daughter is Asia Argento by the way.
- Big Bad: Birthday girl Sally is first to be transformed into a demon, and the last one to be dealt with.
- Body Horror: We're treated to seeing how the demons deteriorate, which includes bleeding acidic blood and their flesh melting away.
- Chest Burster: A smaller demon erupts from the chest of a child-turned-demon.
- Dumb Muscle: Some of the clients of the gym play this straight.
- The Fourth Wall Will Not Protect You: At the beginning of the movie, a demon from a movie about a demon contagion becomes aware that it's being watched, and breaks out to start a new outbreak. By the way, you're also watching a movie about a demon contagion...
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Its not shown what happened to Ingrid, the teenage girl in Demons 2. She is last shown surrounded by demons while trapped in a car and then in a jump cut, the demons are shown leaving. The only possible thing is she got killed too. That doesn't make sense because they explicitly showed a dog become a zombie and a boy too but couldn't show her death or atleast her fate?
- Younger Than They Look: The female lead of the sequel, Hannah, is 15. Also, she's the producer's daughter (not that one).