Decoys is a 2004 movie about aliens that take the form of attractive, blond women. They're on the verge of dying out, and need to mate. Unfortunately, the mating process drops their temperature below freezing, killing their partners. Fortunately they are vulnerable to heat.
The 2007 sequel, Decoys 2: Alien Seduction, continues in much the same vein.
This film contains examples of:
- Actually a Doombot: The second film indicates that the alien leader Constance that Luke killed in the first film was just a clone of the real one.
- Asshole Victim: Constance confessed her race operated this way at first, so that on the off-chance their hosts die, no one would care about them. Gibby being an example because it's implied by them that he mistreats women. Which is kinda true as he was on the phone bragging about having sex with Natasha, while having sex with Natasha.
- Bolivian Army Ending: The first film ends with Luke about to be impregnated by Alex who turns out to be an alien, a process that has killed everyone before him but was just about worked out. Subverted in 2 since Luke survived the encounter with Alex. And then 2 plays it straight when the film ends with the next generation of aliens hatch and attack.
- Canada, Eh?: It's a plot point, believe it or not.
- Green-Skinned Space Babe: They have green skin, and they look like babes...just not at the same time.
- Hidden Depths: Roger. At first he seemed to just wanted to get laid, but when Constance confesses her secret and mission, he willingly goes through with it. This was because he always wanted to be a father.
- Lack of Empathy: It seems at first that the aliens don't care that they killed as anything more than a mere nuance since, they need their hosts alive to have their spawn. Subverted with Constance, when she fell in love with Roger. It doesn't help him survive, but Constance really felt bad about what she did to him.
- Mars Needs Women: The gender swapped version.
- Red Herring: Two. The first one being the Sorority leader, Vikki Vickers but it turned out she was not only human, she didn't know her fellow "sisters" were aliens or killed people. The second was that Luke thought all the alien women were blondes. The last one in the movie, Alex, proved him wrong.