Death Academy is a Swedish low budget slasher movie by Danne Lehmussaari from 2004.
Four teenagers are brutally murdered in a massacre at a Swedish school. One of the school's students, Niklas, is convicted for the deaths. Years later a group of students led by Elin want to do some research on the killings believing Niklas is innocent and that the real perpetrator is still out there. This coincides with Niklas' release from prison. One night, the students get attacked by a hooded person and have to find a way to survive.
The movie provides examples of:
- Berserk Button: Niklas kills the teacher (his lover) after he calls him fat when they switch clothes.
- Gorn: It's a slasher movie after all.
- Gross-Up Close-Up: Jimmy's face after being dispatched with a fire extinguisher.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall/Meta Guy: Jimmy's brother when Elin tells him how she thinks the killing has started again:Brother: Well, that really sounds like a bad B-Horror-Movie!
- Murder by Mistake: Hendrik thinks he killed the murderer by stabbing him in the face, only to discover that it was actually his brother playing a prank on him.
- Off with Her Head!: Elin gets killed this way with an axe.
- Red Shirts: The two thieves trying to steal the graphic cards from the school computers.
- The Scottish Trope: When Elin asks Niklas who he thinks the murderer was, he simply answers "You don't say his name out loud.".
- Serial Killer: The murderer or rather, both of them.