The second and final sequel to Darkman, released in 1996.
Peyton Westlake, aka Darkman (Arnold Vosloo), is still working on his artificial skin formula, trying to make it more permanent than for 99 minutes. He comes afoul a big-time steroid dealer named Rooker (Jeff Fahey), who together with lover Bridget, who wants to create a new kind of drug from Darkman's DNA.
This film has examples of:
- Animal Testing: Bridget tests the steroids created from Darkman's DNA on a rat which is placed in a cage with a cat. It is implied that the cat is torn apart.
- Big Bad: Peter Rooker, a mob boss specializing in steroids.
- Co-Dragons: Nico is Rooker's right hand man, and Bridget is his chief scientist and lover.
- Cut Lex Luthor a Check: Lampshaded. As Bridget makes the serum based on the nerve damage suffered by the titular character, she talks aloud to herself, saying that she could make way more money selling it to pharmaceutical companies.
- Daydream Surprise: Darkman daydreams early in the film about finally finding a skin formula capable of lasting more than 99 minutes.
- Destination Defenestration: An exploding barrel sends Darkman through a warehouse window, and on front of Rooker, who is waiting for him.
- Disney Villain Death: Rooker to some degree, as he falls to his death from a catwalk during his fight with Darkman... into a giant shredder.
- Evil All Along: Bridget presents herself to Darkman as a doctor who wants to help him regain his sense of touch. Eventually she reveals that she is working for Rooker, who wants to use him to create a stronger steroid that he has been selling.Darkman: I trusted you!Bridget: Life's a bitch, and so am I.
- Eye Scream: Darkman throws his removed restriction device on a mook's eye, and starts hurting him with it to the point of death.Darkman: Looks like you've got an eyeful.
- Friend or Idol Decision: Rooker shoots the floppy with the Darkman's accumulated research on skin substitutes, and a fire during the climactic fight leaves one girl severely burnt. Darkman had been intending to use the flask of liquid skin he kept on himself, since it had shown promising results... but he ends the series still faceless, as the flask goes to the burn victim instead.
- Guns Akimbo: Rooker guns down treacherous Johnny with two pistols after their steroid deal goes sour.
- High-Voltage Death: Darkman kicks the the mook named Mack towards some equipment, and he is electrocuted by it.
- Off with His Head!: After being spooked by Westlake's true face in the sewers, Adam tries to climb back in the surface, but ends up decapitated by a truck.
- Psycho Serum: Rooker creates one out of Darkman's DNA and injects it into his Mooks. It gives them all of Darkman's enhanced strength, but also gives them Darkman's bouts of total rage.
- Save the Day, Turn Away: After restoring Jenny's burned skin, Darkman tries to slip away from the hospital, but her mother catches up to him to thank him.
- Stock Footage: The scenes of Darkman reacting to yet another failed attempt at recreating his synthetic skin is lifted from the previous sequel.
- Surprise Party: Darkman tries to infiltrate Rooker's mansion disguised as him, but is interrupted by the surprise birthday party arranged for the guy.