After his father dies, a guy inherits a relative's farm. He invites his friends to come help him fix up the place. While they're there, they're hunted by evil undead scarecrows.
Two sequels were released the same year as this one, subtitled The Maize and Scarecrow.
This film contains examples of:
- Ambiguously Bi: Alex is dating Darcy, who thinks that she has Belligerent Sexual Tension with Sean.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt: A speech of his opens the film.
- Greater-Scope Villain: It's implied that Satan himself is responsible for the scarecrows being alive.
- Horror Doesn't Settle for Simple Tuesday: Takes place on the night of the Harvest Moon.
- Our Zombies Are Different: The scarecrows are the corpses of the victims of Sean's great-grandfather who were dressed as scarecrows as part of a Deal with the Devil. They come back to life on the night of the Harvest Moon to wreak their revenge on anybody in their territory.