A 2008 American comedy directed by Roger Kumble that has an overprotective father (Martin Lawrence) taking his daughter (Raven-Symoné) to different colleges on a road trip.
It was released on March 7, 2008.
Tropes for the film:
- All Animals Are Dogs: Averted with Albert, the family's pet pig, except for when he whines like a dog when trying to convince James to bring him to the hotel.
- Amplified Animal Aptitude: Albert, Trey's pet pig can play chess, solve a Rubik's cube, turn on the bathtub, beg, and even knows how to use a toilet.
- Housepet Pig: Albert the pig even comes along on the family roadtrip.
- Ivy League for Everyone: Averted to a realistic degree. Georgetown and Northwestern are both high profile colleges, but not Ivy. Melanie is shown to be extremely intelligent, but still gets waitlisted from Georgetown at the beginning of the film and needs a recommendation from an alum to get an interview to be fully accepted.
- Overprotective Dad: Giving a nice greeting to male study partner of Chief James Porter's daughter seems to cause him physical pain.
- Also Doug, who is like two peas in a pod with his daughter, tackles Wendys fiancé at the end of the film.
- Toilet Paper Trail: Albert has toilet paper stuck to one of his hooves after using a bathroom.