A 2003 Romantic Comedy Malaysian movie.
Two friends arrange a marriage for their two young children. Years later Yusry, now a young and beautiful man, is told of the betrothal and meets the girl again: unfortunately Fazira (Erra Fazira) has become a morbidly obese woman who has a muddled personality and dresses conservatively and unattractively. Disgusted, Yusry publicily humiliates her and she flees to Europe for treatment. Torn by guilt he searches for her, in vain. Years later, he meets a gorgeous supermodel who he suspects is Fazira.
This film provides examples of:
- Abhorrent Admirer: Fazira is this for Yusry, to his horror, who finds her fat and annoying. Ironically, Yusry becomes that for the supposedly thin Fazira in the second half of the movie.
- Beauty Equals Goodness: The movie's premise inverts this. Fazira is a nice, lovely woman, but Yusry is disgusted with her for being overweight. Nadia, the woman he is dating, is beautiful but jealous and cruel.
- Betty and Veronica: Yusry is Archie, Fazira is Betty and Nadia is Veronica.
- Big Eater: In the opening flashback, Fazira is a thin and healthy child. The first scene in the present shows an obese Fazira devouring a whole chicken. Alone. It is not difficult to imagine what happened.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Nadia is a beautiful woman, but she has an unpleasant personality, manipulating Yusry and cruelly insulting and humiliating Fazira.
- Bridal Carry: Yusry tries to do this to Fazira at the end of the movie... and fails miserably.
- Chubby Chaser: Yusry at the end of the film, when he is in love with Fazira.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Nadia has a huge self-esteem, considers herself beautiful (and she is) and believes that Yusry will continue dating her. But just as she begins to suspect that Yusry may have feelings for Fazira, she becomes even more arrogant and cruel than she already is, manipulating him and humiliating her.
- Hot Guy, Ugly Wife: Yusry and Fazira. One of the many reasons he doesn't want to marry her is because he's ashamed to be seen in her company.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: Fazira is an incredibly kind person to everyone, and she forgives Yusyr in the end for having cruelly rejected her in the past.
- Jerkass Has a Point: Yusry tells Fazira that her father will only give him the company if he marries her. And is he... kinda of right?
- Love Triangle: Yusry, Fazira and Nadia.
- Ms. Fanservice: Nadia and the supposedly thin Fazira has several scenes wearing seductive clothes.