Someone is killing high school teenagers in the town of Cherry Falls, Virginia. During the investigation, the police finds out that the killer is specifically targeting the virgins. When the teens learn about this tiny tidbit, plans for huge sexfest is put into motion. But the killer is actually only going after certain people...
This films has the examples
- Auto Erotica: Two instances of it, both within the first ten minutes of the film.
- Awful Wedded Life: Sandy says that after 25 years of marriage, all her parents do together anymore is watch TV.
- Axe Before Entering: The killer uses an axe to break down the door of Leonard's house.
- An Axe to Grind: The killer grabs an axe for a brief time near the end.
- Big Bad: Leonard.
- Bound and Gagged: Sheriff Marken wakens to find himself bound to a chair and gagged with duct tape in the killer's Torture Cellar.
- Brutal Honesty: See the Wham Line.
- Calling Card: The killer leaves the word "virgin" on the victims.
- Chekhov's Skill: Jodie's self defense lessons that her father taught to her.
- Child by Rape: The killer reveals he was born from the Sheriff and his friends drunkenly raping Loralee Sherman several years ago.
- Creative Closing Credits: The closing credits scroll up rather than down.
- Creepy Crossdresser: While committing murders, Leonard Marliston dresses like his mother.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Stacy is nailed to a tree while she's still alive.
- Death by Sex: Played with and subverted.
- Description Cut: After Sandy doubts boys are as clueless at sex as Cindy claims, the scene cuts to Ben and his friends in their van, debating how many holes a vagina has.
- Disguised in Drag: The killer dresses as a woman while committing the murders.
- Double Standard: Rape, Male on Male: When the Sheriff recounts how the rape really happened, what happened was that his friends held Loralee down, while they dragged him and forced him to penetrate her. This is considered as if the Sheriff was the rapist in this situation, however, considering he was too drunk to fight back, let alone consent while his friends forced him into that position and act, it's never raised the point that in this case, he was also a victim of the situation. It's noticeable that he himself seems to think that he was the rapist in the situation because he was just barely conscious during it.
- Double Tap: Why, thank you, Deputy Mina.
- The End... Or Is It?: After giving her statement to the police near the end, Jodie sees Leonard disappearing behind a bus.
- Ethical Slut: Cindy. The Serial Killer only targets virgins, and the teenagers figure this out, hosting an orgy in order to stay alive. Cindy, one of the experienced girls, tells the other girls that they need to manage their expectations and not to expect orgasms from the boys.
- Fat and Skinny: Dino (fat) and Wally (played by the very skinny DJ Qualls) sit together in class and the cafeteria and approach girls together at the pre-orgy dance.
- Final Girl: Jodie, though mainly out of virtue of being the main target and taking the fight to the killer, as many other female characters (Sandy, Cindy, Sharon, Heather, Jan and Deputy Mina) all survive as well.
- Freudian Excuse: Loralee beat Leonard throughout his childhood, resulting in him becoming the Ax-Crazy and mommy issues ridden killer that he is now.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: Jody sleeps with a toy rabbit.
- Guns Akimbo: After the fall fails to do the killer in, Deputy Mina comes to the rescue with two handguns.
- I Kiss Your Foot: Jody tells her boyfriend Kenny to bite her toe and as he sucks her toe, she continuously tells him to "bite harder" as she slaps his face with her other foot.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: The killer falls over a balcony and is impaled on debris below.
- Kiss of Death: The killer gives a kiss to Stacy before killing her.
- Knife Nut: The killer has all sorts of knives.
- Loophole Abuse: "A serial slasher who's targeting virgins? Ha, we'll all just throw an orgy and lose our virginity!" Unfortunately for them, just because the kids found a loophole in the M.O. doesn't mean the killer would just pick up their ball and go home, and now they're all trapped in one place.
- Luke, You Are My Father: The Serial Killer targeting virgins Marliston is strongly implied to be the son of Sheriff Brent conceived through rape 25 years ago, making him the protagonist Jody's older half brother.
- Make-Out Point: The falls, where the first murder occurs.
- Meaningful Name: Cherry Falls. What is the killer's apparent motive initially?
- Must Not Die a Virgin: Is taken Up to Eleven because the killer stalks virgins and having sex means survival.
- My Girl Is a Slut: This trope is discussed during this dialog between Ben and Cindy who is the village bicycle:Ben: Jackhole, you're not playing Deathquake. This is the real world.
Mark: Fuck you.
Cindy: It's Ben's pathetic concept of cool, just to pretend he's not afraid.
Ben: Hello, Cindy Freud. What's your concept of cool? Bang the entire class starting with "A"?
Cindy: If I'm what you just said, why do you try to hook me up nonstop?
Ben: I find the experience attractive.
- No Kill Like Overkill: When the killer proves to be Not Quite Dead, Deputy Mina comes out firing into his body Guns Akimbo and does not stop till both semi-autos are empty.
- Not Quite Dead: Complete with Eye Awaken.
- Overprotective Dad: Inverted. In this scene, Sheriff Brent Marken asks his virginal daughter Jody to go all the way because the serial killer he's after only targets virgins.
- A Party, Also Known as an Orgy: Justified, the party is called "Pop Your Cherry Ball".
- Peek-a-Boo Corpse: Timmy's corpse in the locker.
- The Place: Cherry Falls is the name of the town where the killings occur. (Of course, 'cherry' has a double meaning in this case.)
- Reality Ensues: A pretty grisly example of one: Slasher Film villains are, first and foremost, demented killers, and won't just give up at the first sign of their quarry Moving the Goalposts. The teens probably would have been better off leaving town than having an orgy.
- The Reveal:
- Recycled IN SPACE!: It's basically Scream-like WITH LOTS OF SEX!
- Sex as Rite-of-Passage: This Slasher Film plays with the idea of a Rare Female Example; the serial killer only targets virgins and the teens realize that they need to have sex in order to stay alive. Cindy, the most experienced of the girls, holds her pre-game talk with the other girls to prepare them because a lot of the guys are also virgins:Cindy: "Girls have to everything. Guys are clueless when it comes to sex. It starts with them trying to unhook our bras,fumbling around, and it never changes. Wait until they try to put their dick into you."
Jan: "Please don't say they need help with that."
- Shipper on Deck: Jody drags Sandy over and sits her down next to her crush Mark upon seeing she's too shy to do so herself.
- Sins of Our Fathers: Loralee's rape at the hands of seniors 27 years ago is the reason for the bloodbath taking place now.
- Skunk Stripe: The killer has it. It is actually a wig to make him appear like Loralee Sherman.
- Slashed Throat: Kenny gets his throat slit.
- Strapped to an Operating Table: After discovering her father in the trunk, Jody receives a Tap on the Head and wakes up to discover she is strapped to an operating table in the killer's Torture Cellar.
- Tap on the Head: The killer knocks Sheriff Marken out by hitting him over the head with a trophy in the principal's office. Later, he knocks out Jody when she discovers her father bound and gagged in the trunk. Neither suffers any long term effects from the blow.
- Torture Cellar: The basement of the abandoned Sherman house.
- Wham LineJodie: [While helping Leonard carry a heavy trunk down to his basement] What's in this trunk?Leonard: Your dad. Maybe mine.
- Whip It Good: Loralee raised her son with liberal application of whipping.