Carnage Road is a 2000 Slasher Movie.
Four college students go to the Nevada desert for a photography assignment. However, these parts have a legend, of a homicidal maniac named Quiltface. The students don't buy the tale. Guess what turns out be true?
This film contains examples of:
- Big Bad: The unnamed old man who lives in the desert and masterminds Quiltface's murder spree.
- Downer Ending: As our last survivor is fleeing the horror, his driver needs to use the bathroom. While the driver is gone, Quiltface shows up and steals the car with our hero inside.
- Genuine Human Hide: Quiltface makes a patchwork mask from the skin of his victims.
- Geek: Mike is literally every nerd stereotype on Earth, being a bucktoothed guy with glasses who lives with his mother and is so socially inept that he tries to bribe a girl with candy to date him. However, strangely enough, he never references any geeky subjects.
- Gory Deadly Overkill Title of Fatal Death: Carnage Road? Sounds like a pleasant vacation spot.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Robert attacks Quiltface to save his girlfriend, despite knowing he will definitely lose and probably die. He narrowly survives.
- Karma Houdini: Quiltface manages to survive the film, and drives away with our hero inside the van he stole.
- The Reveal: Quiltface is a Vietnam veteran who was mutilated in the war and united with another vet to get revenge on America for his mistreatment during and afterwards.
- Self-Made Orphan: It's said that Quiltface's first victim was his mother.
- Too Dumb to Live: All of Quiltface's victims seem to not notice him, even when he's standing ten feet away with a bloody machete. Special mention goes to Mike, who confuses blood dripping from his glasses, and thusly right above his eyes, for bird feces.
- Villain Opening Scene: Quiltface offing a couple making out in the desert.