Brotherhood of Death is a 1976 Blaxploitation film.
Three black men learn combat skills in Vietnam. They decide to use this information to defend their community when they get home. The Ku Klux Klan don't like this, and start a campaign of harassment against them. This leads to an all out war between the two factions.
This film contains examples of:
- Amoral Attorney: The KKK is led by the county attorney.
- Arch-Enemy: The Brotherhood have Harold Turner, the Grand Cyclops of the local KKK, who uses his position as County Attorney to let his fellow Klansman terrorize the black community they banded together to protect.
- Big Bad: Harold Turner, Grand Cyclops of the local chapter of the Ku Klux Klan.
- Conspiracy Theorist: Just like their real-world counterparts, the Klansmen here believe that racial equality is a product of a Jewish-Catholic-Communist plot to destroy white Protestant Christianity.
- The Klan: The main antagonists of the film are the local KKK chapter, pissed that there are black people standing up to their harassment.
- Rape and Revenge: Our heroes' vigilante actions start because of a rape being ignored by racist cops.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Junior gives one about how the Klan's ideas are blatantly wrong, their leaders are charlatans who don't believe in the cause and their base are idiots.
- Team Title
- The X of Y