Borgman is a 2013 film by Alex van Warmerdam.
It tells the story of a bourgeois family which is slowly lured under the spell of an absolute evil.
Should definitely not be confused with Sonic Soldier Borgman which actually predates this movie by two decades.
- Antagonist Title
- Black-and-Gray Morality: A clear case. The family represents the grey morality while Borgman and his band - the black morality. The more evil part wins
- Cement Shoes: Inverted. In this film the heades of the victims are stuck in the cement.
- Horny Devils: Borgman is similar to an alp from German folklore, including sitting on the woman's chest and giving her nightmares. Unlike the contemporary version of this trope, he actually refuses her physical advances.
- Mugging the Monster: The husband beats up Borgman after he harasses him. It does not end well for him.
- Stylistic Suck: The performance presented by Borgman is of a very poor artistic quality.