Blood Surf (Krocodylus in some markets) is a 2000 monster movie.
A new sport has become crazy popular, called "Blood Surf", whereby surfers go out along with sharks attracted by throwing chum in the water. A group of surfers and a director travel to an Indonesian island for their next video, where they're menaced by a giant crocodile.
This film provides examples of:
- Always a Bigger Fish: Memorably, at one point the crocodile saves one of the main characters from a shark. Then later eats him too.
- And There Was Much Rejoicing: After the whiny douchebag producer gets eaten by the killer crocodile:Guy: Man, that has gotta suck!
Girl 1: Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!
Girl 2: Amen!
- Extreme Sport Excuse Plot: It's a monster movie about a bunch of Surfer Dudes who film themselves attracting sharks and surfing nearby for kicks. This would make them Too Dumb to Live by itself, but the sharks aren't actually the problem: there's also a much more vicious, giant crocodile stalking them.
- Glad-to-Be-Alive Sex: After the final guy and girl manage to kill the big bad crocodile, they celebrate by making out.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: John is bitten in half by the crocodile, and still dangling from the roof of the engine room when he dies.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: The crocodile is finally killed when the survivors trick it into pursuing them down a slippery mountainside, where it falls of the edge and impales itself on a stone pike.
- Jail Bait: Double Subverted. One of the Surfer Dude characters is mutually attracted to the teenage daughter of their local guides. When they run off for a Two-Person Pool Party, he asks her how old she is. She jokes that she'll turn 15 the following month, then assures him that she's 19. She later admits that she lied and is really 17.
- Never Smile at a Crocodile: Features a huge Saltie crocodile menacing a group of extreme sports enthusiasts and their local guides on a Pacific island.
- Plot-Irrelevant Villain: The Indonesian pirates, who basically just appear to spice things up. While they threaten to rape several of the female characters, they're eaten by the crocodile before you can say "Asshole Victim!".
- Revenge Before Reason: John does his best Captain Ahab impression, as he's obsessed with killing the crocodile after it ate several of his former passengers. In the process of hunting it, he ends up crashing their get-away boat, and becomes just another meal for the crocodile while trying to fix it.
- Super-Persistent Predator: The crocodile pursues the main characters all the way through a jungle just for a chance to eat them.
- Too Dumb to Live: The characters are walking across a reef specifically to avoid the hungry Saltwater crocodile hunting them. When Zack the producer hurts his foot on a sharp end, he decides to grab a surfboard and use it to swim towards the beach. Even the other characters just dismiss him as an asshole when he slides right into the crocodile's waiting mouth.