Blood Lake: Attack of the Killer Lampreys is a 2014 The Asylum Horror film, the first horror film on Animal Planet according to the press release. It is a film about killer lampreys that terrorize a small town in Michigan. Fortunately, Michael, official representative of Fish and Wildlife Service is there to save the day alongside his wife, Cate (played by Shannon Doherty), at least if he can convince the avaricious mayor, played by Christopher Lloyd, to play ball and close the beaches. Meanwhile, he has to deal with a teenage daughter, Nicole, and her new paramour, Alex, as well as his overly curious son, Kyle, who initially can't figure out why his father is so averse to the cute and cuddly lampreys.
This work exhibits the following tropes:
- Attack of the Killer Whatever: Lampreys, of course.
- Hazardous Water: Although not being near an open source of water does little good, because the lampreys quickly show themselves able to traverse water pipes, jump dams, flop across long expanses of open land...
- Heroic Sacrifice: Will sacrifices himself to ensure that the lampreys will be drawn to the target location.
- Ignored Expert: The Mayor ignores all of Michael's advice, and even tries to get him fired.
- Underwater Kiss: Alex and Nicole share a few before noticing Ellen's dead body in the pool.