- "There's a place between the living and the dead... and it's open 24 hours."
A vampire awakens from a 25-year-long slumber and stays in a cheap hotel near a donut shop. He feeds on various city animals while befriending a taxi driver in trouble with the mob and falling in love with an employee at the donut shop. Meanwhile, his girlfriend from 1969 has been tracking him down.
This film contains examples of:
- Big Bad: The unnamed crime boss who's harassing Earl.
- Big Bad Wannabe: Rita is Boya's obsessive ex from 1969. She probably would be the Big Bad, but the criminals harassing Earl get more focus.
- Bittersweet Ending: The crime ring is taken down, but Boya decides to commit Suicide by Sunlight.
- Gory Deadly Overkill Title of Fatal Death: Parodied.
- The Hero Dies: Boya commits Suicide by Sunlight.
- The Noun and the Noun
- Our Vampires Are Different: These ones aren't killed by stakes.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Boya's eyes glow red when he puts on his Game Face.
- Shout-Out: Boya is called "the Batman" by the crime boss.
- Vegetarian Vampire: Boya prefers rats and pigeons over humans.